Tibia Auto

Your place for knowledge.
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 am 

So a lot of the small bugs that were talked about have been addressed. A lot of fixes have been made since the last release so this version will be more stable. Crashing bugs related to the autogo's status message and cavebot's loot while killing have been fixed.
Also TA can now display text on Tibia's screen via python, but it's under development and requires pressing Alt+F8 to display the text.

Akilez and I have spent a lot of time on TA for the past while and we hope we haven't set your expectations too high for the future. Cheers to a more stable release of TA.

Any comments, suggestions or bugs are welcome.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:52 am 
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

i was wondering if you could make it so ta sends packet to client or soemthing that makes the alt+f8 on whether it was on or not, that way player wouldnt need anything and ta would be making sure this works. Ofc i see a problem there, screenshots would need to turn it off so maybe the alt+f8 isnt so bad afterall. should be on by default though i think.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:07 pm 

What you're suggesting would be ideal. It's also what I had in mind.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:43 pm 
Vampire
Vampire

Hello, well go check my post in Patches section, I told you how to be able to printtext without having the player to press alt+f8.

And also, if you wanna take a screenshot, the module could automaticly turn off the printtext function and put it back on.

Also what's the command to show text on screen with python :P?

Edit:
Never mind, i just found it, its : tasender.printText(X,Y,nRed, nGreen, nBlue, textToPrint);

But, actually, it only require the player to press alt+f8 if he is logged out, cause when is he logged in, the text shows automaticly :P

But I found a little bug. The first time you wanna print a text at a new position, you need to apply the command many times before the text appears. But as soon as the text is printed at some position, you can print new text using the command only 1 time.
Also, we should have a function to clean the text that has been printed at some place.

Cya!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:28 pm 
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Quote:
And also, if you wanna take a screenshot, the module could automaticly turn off the printtext function and put it back on.

and tibiaauto is going to know when i make screenshot with fraps or UOSU how?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 pm 
Vampire
Vampire

:O Well! I was talking bout the auto-go/log module with the screenshot feature xD! Not the button you press on the keyboard :P

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:57 pm 
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

it can know when to turn it off for autogo/log, but peopel do manual screenshots too.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:23 pm 
Hero
Hero

petitcoeur wrote:
Hello, well go check my post in Patches section, I told you how to be able to printtext without having the player to press alt+f8.

Also what's the command to show text on screen with python :P?

Edit:
Never mind, i just found it, its : tasender.printText(X,Y,nRed, nGreen, nBlue, textToPrint);

But, actually, it only require the player to press alt+f8 if he is logged out, cause when is he logged in, the text shows automaticly :P

But I found a little bug. The first time you wanna print a text at a new position, you need to apply the command many times before the text appears. But as soon as the text is printed at some position, you can print new text using the command only 1 time.
Also, we should have a function to clean the text that has been printed at some place.

Cya!

I would have corrected Wisling about the alt-f8 thing myself, but thanks. I'm not sure what you mean about needing to apply the command even more than once to get the text to appear, but I'll look at it. As far as clearing the text though each screen coordinate is treated as an identifier, thus if you need to update the message, use the same coordinate witha new color and new message, delete it sending a NULL text.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:14 pm 

petitcoeur wrote:

Of course you did, and thanks you. We just haven't implemented it yet.

Also in the future, displaying loot on different lines will not be hardcoded in. Apologies to anyone this affects in a negative manner.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:43 pm 
Hero
Hero

Wisling wrote:
petitcoeur wrote:

Of course you did, and thanks you. We just haven't implemented it yet.

Also in the future, displaying loot on different lines will not be hardcoded in. Apologies to anyone this affects in a negative manner.

Wisling, check your notes; it IS implemented you don't need alt-f8. (unless you want it to display text while off line, which I din't even know worked).

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm 
Banshee
Banshee

Something happened to the CaveBot with this release. All starts fine but walking up or down the first ladder or stairs stops the cavebot from doing anything. To be precisely it stops walking... any creature within range will be attacked (and chased) but the walking to the waypoints just stops. Remarkably those little status text on the bottom of the screen (like 'There is TA', ...) disappeared also.
Anyone having the same problems?

Cheers,
Zgloa

PS: Hm, ... maybe it's not the first change of floor which makes it stop... now it just stopped after several tiles and some snakes...

Always use the Search Button prior to starting a new thread. No one is interested in answering the same questions again and again and reactions to new threads for old questions/problems/bugs and double posts will be accordingly.
Download the latest version of TibiaAuto here and make sure it's the correct version. You can always browse all files if the version does not fit.
No need to hug me if I helped you, but a 'thank you (for your post)' is always welcome.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:36 pm 
Hero
Hero

Zgloa wrote:
Something happened to the CaveBot with this release. All starts fine but walking up or down the first ladder or stairs stops the cavebot from doing anything. To be precisely it stops walking... any creature within range will be attacked (and chased) but the walking to the waypoints just stops. Remarkably those little status text on the bottom of the screen (like 'There is TA', ...) disappeared also.
Anyone having the same problems?

Cheers,
Zgloa

PS: Hm, ... maybe it's not the first change of floor which makes it stop... now it just stopped after several tiles and some snakes...

This is not new to this release this is a problem experienced when using the hybrid map and I have tried to correct it. for now use TA map and Very soon the Hybrid map method will either be phased out or fixed. I still have to lock down the cause. However the method itself is not a bad ides it's just that a new method is now possible with what i've learned about how Tibia works. this information should make the TA map method (concept) superior to the Hybrid map method in all but one way.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:31 am 
Banshee
Banshee

Thanks for the answer. You said that this is not new to this release. Where could I have read that bevor posting here?
I will try using TAMap instead and see what happens.
Hybrid map won't be "the best of both worlds" anymore? ;)

Cheers,
Zgloa

Always use the Search Button prior to starting a new thread. No one is interested in answering the same questions again and again and reactions to new threads for old questions/problems/bugs and double posts will be accordingly.
Download the latest version of TibiaAuto here and make sure it's the correct version. You can always browse all files if the version does not fit.
No need to hug me if I helped you, but a 'thank you (for your post)' is always welcome.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 am 
Hero
Hero

Zgloa wrote:
Thanks for the answer. You said that this is not new to this release. Where could I have read that bevor posting here?
I will try using TAMap instead and see what happens.
Hybrid map won't be "the best of both worlds" anymore? ;)

This was an unforeseen bug in the algorithim that I never experienced in testing and cannot replicate despite my best efforts. Replicating a problem is near-essential to find and fixing the root of the problem.

As to your jibe: I realize after so much advocacy for it and developing it for me to suddenly humble myself to admit it has a flaw(note one reported and known flaw, not many) might engender some riducule. However I have not stopped looking for a more perfect solution. In such I did make a discovery that had it preceded the Hybrid map's creation the Hybrid map might never have been made. This discovery into the way that Tibia actually works, makes the power of walking and mapping anywhere that the TA map has and the smooth uninterrupted walking whilst performing other task a real possibility. It's what the Hybrid map was supposed to be. "The best of both worlds." That said, the Hybrid map did have a feature that made it stand out that is likely to be lost. With the TA map method the restriction had always been the map must be researched first, with the Hybrid map it was possible that you could set-up a script and walk the path discovering it as you went on the first pass. This may not be the case after I am done adding my discovery to the TA Map method's algorithim.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:01 am 
Banshee
Banshee

Do not misunderstand me.
I didn't want to rib you about the "best of both worlds". I'm glad and thankful that you guys pay so much time and nerves to develop TA further and it's interesting to see how it develops.
In fact I quit Tibia years ago and a few month ago I discovered TibiaAuto which made me curious and I startet playing Tibia again (with TA). TA woke my curiosity for programming again and I hope I will find more time to learn python and update my C/C++ knowledge.

Keep going,
Zgloa

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next